Floodstop – flood protection was recognised as the best ‘Climate Ready Initiative of 2013’ today at the House of Commons, London, UK. This is a great accolade and recognises the success of Floodstop flood defence technology over recent years.
The judging panel included:
- Tom Berry, Head of Sustainability, EMEA, Kimberley-Clark, for Andrex Eco
- The Rt Revd and Rt Hon Richard Chartres, Bishop of London
- The Rt Hon John Gummer, Lord Deben, Chair of the Committee on Climate Change
- Rachel Demaine, Sustainability Technology Officer, Crown Paints
- Professor Paul Ekins, Professor of Energy and Environment Policy, UCL Energy Institute
- Tony Juniper, Special Adviser to the Prince of Wales Charities’ International Sustainability Unit
- Mary Robinson, Former President of Ireland and UN Commissioner for Human Rights
- Professor Julia Slingo, Chief Scientist, Met Office
- Daniel Shields, Strategic Business Development Director, Shields Environmental
- Kevin Steele, Chief Executive, Climate Week
- Dale Vince, Founder and MD, Ecotricity
Simon Phelps, Managing Director of Fluvial Innovations was awarded the accolade by Environment Minister Lord de Mauley (pictured above).